CLASSIC CHILDREN’S SUMMER BOOK CLUB WITH DO SAY GIVE
Enjoy classic children’s literature, a curated book list, and exciting activities for the whole family. All summer long!
Broaden your child’s view of the world through history, art, and nature.
Grow their vocabulary and language through exposure to enriching text.
Share new books with your child and discover new family favorites.
Create fun and special family memories — without spending a lot of money!
AWAY WE GO!
This summer will be an adventure, full of exploration and wonder. We’ll travel by train, by air, to the farm, to the seashore. All through classic children’s literature! For just $24, you’ll receive:
- A 6-week reading and activity program with simple, enriching activities to help your child make connections with the books they read.
- A weekly newsletter for six weeks filled with tips for reading with your children, author insights and more starting June 6.
- Ideas for local family outings that go along with each week’s theme.
- Suggestions for picture, early reader, and chapter books.
- Optional: Access to a private Facebook community with inspiration, guest takeovers, and thoughts from Lee on how to incorporate the books into your family’s summer.
READY TO GET THE BOOK AND ACTIVITY LIST?SIGN US UP!
WHY YOU'LL LOVE IT
A slower pace filled with sweet memories and a familiar rhythm to your summer days? Yes, please! As if you need more reasons than that, here’s why we think you’re going to love joining us in our Classic Children’s Book Club this summer. You'll be able to:
- Enjoy screen-free activities to do at home.
- Develop a culture of reading with your family.
- Watch your child explore nature, art, and grow their imagination.
- Learn how to recognize the attributes of a great book.
Know your child’s mind is being stretched and filled.
Ready to have a simple, memorable summer with your family?
WHY CLASSIC BOOKS?
Much like we aim to choose the healthiest foods for our children’s bodies, we believe most parents also want to put the best of the best in their children’s minds. Many of the classic books we’re sharing have stood the test of time, so you can trust that they are good for your children and grandchildren. We love new books as well but classic books are our niche!
The book club will give you a foundation for choosing the very best books, both old and new.
A RICHER VOCABULARY
Reading introduces many more words into a child’s vocabulary that we use in spoken language. Think how much these classic books — with not just more complex words but complex sentence structure — can do for their minds!
Children will hopefully develop an appreciation for good literature when they read good books. And they’ll develop a taste for beautiful art when we expose them to beautiful illustrations.
DEPTH OF CHARACTER
In order to love reading, we need to form a connection to the characters. The books we've selected will do just that. What qualities do you want in your child? Courage, kindness, faithfulness, honor. Read them books with characters who exhibit these things!
These books will give them a deeper historical perspective and maybe even make them more grateful for their 21st century blessings.
WAIT, THERE'S MORE!
As a bonus, we're offering educational virtual field trips that will take children on a summer adventure right from their own home. Perfect for those long summer days when you need something different to do!
Here's a quick look at our current lineup:
- Cooking Class Kids Table
- Field trip to a railroad museum
- Wetlands Adventure with Sylvan Heights Bird Park
- Walking tour to experience Historic Philadelphia with The Constitutional
- European-inspired art class Art Smart Kids
*Virtual field trip schedule will be announced prior to the start of the book club and are subject to change. A few will be live viewing only.
HEAR WHY PARENTS LOVE OUR BOOK CLUB:
"The book club defined our summer and we are looking forward to what’s in store for this summer. I have gleaned so much from Lee's advice, information and encouragement regarding classic children’s literature. Truly my kids and I have gained so much."
"This is such a great way to stock up on meaningful classic books while also adding a small amount of structure to an otherwise free for all summer."
"The book club was an awesome experience! I did it with our 3 year old granddaughter and she LOVES books! Thank you for including so many of the wonderful classic books that will always bring back special memories."
“I loved having activities that go along with the books and theme for the week! I think kids get so much more out of books when they can experience them in different ways.”